As you will have noticed the two huge fashion trends this season are animal print and corduroy. This week we’re looking at the best of the high street and designer corduroy buys. We’re particularly embracing the retro take – think thick beige cord, inspired by Hilary Swank’s must-see performance in Trust (set in 1973) and Florence Pugh in the BBC’s hit new series Little Drummer Girl (1979) – but there are plenty of variations that bring corduroy bang up to date using clashing colours and fine tailoring. Here’s our edit of what to buy:
- Long dusky rose pale pink trench, Alexa Chung, £875.
2. Wind back to the 70s with this awesome corduroy coat from designer label Masscob, who are on fire this season. Jakob trench £405
- Printed shirt, Anthropologie £78
- Boiler suit from buzz new brand Spry Workwear £180. Comes in olive green, black and this navy.
- Classic short jacket, £29.99 H&M
1. Dreamy blue suit, Zadig & Voltaire £370
Trousers & Skirts
- The perfect trousers, Urban Outfitters £55
- This Nautical cap comes in camel and black Zara £15.99
- Party on with these fabulous flares Free People £88