There’s nothing quite like a beautifully styled table set for an al fresco lunch under a pergola or the welcome shade of trees – this week we’ve rounded up a few of our favourite new things to make the perfect outdoor table.
1) This Portugese-made stoneware platter has a beautiful emerald glaze and is wide enough (at 34cm) to take centre-stage. £30, Habitat
2) Daylesford always get everything right – this understated tablecloth is in classic taupe and perfectly timeless. £99, Selfridges
3) These wicker candle holders which are sold in pairs are simple, elegant and in the sale at The White Company £17.50 (reduced from £25).
4) Anthropologie is a brilliant source of hand-made homewares – this stunning hand-painted platter by artist and gardener Michelle Morin is currently in the sale at £29.95 (reduced from £48).
5) The Giardino candle from Petersham Nurseries not only smells divine but also comes in a stunning ermerald pressed glass votive. £40, Petersham Nurseries
6) How pretty are these delicate floral Italian wine glasses from Fishs Eddy. They come in a set of six and cost £40 at Liberty.
7) Chef Nina Parker (author of the brilliant Nina St Tropez) is a big fan of Zara Home for unusual tableware that’s often inspired by traditional Mediterranean designs. Embroidered table cloth, £59.99 (from 79.99), Zara Home
8) We’re always on the lookout for chic domes for the summer table and these wicker ones with matching saucers are pretty much perfect. £35, Summerill & Bishop
9) If we win the lottery we will snap up this heavenly handblown glassware made in the South of France. The beautiful green tumblers can be ordered alongside a matching pitcher. £36 per glass, £199 for the pitcher, Summerill & Bishop