CHRISTMAS & SHOPPING
Yes, Christmas is just over four weeks away but what we’re really thinking about at the moment is getting December ready.
- Christmas cards. For something a little bit different, we’re ordering these Silhouette greeting cards, around $125 from Le Papier Studio, especially sweet if you have kids.
Or, and this is our very favourite type of Christmas card (and gift tag), make your own with these gorgeous Hand made Rubber stamps, starting at £6 from Noolibird. We stamped 30 of our own one Christmas and they really don’t take that long to make.
2. Christmas Wreath. Yes, you can make your own wreath and most years, we do. But this year, we’ve got our eye on this beautiful wreath, price varies from That Flower Shop.
3. Make your own Liberty Print stocking. Get creative and make your own, complete with pompoms and name labels. The results are beautiful, even for the not-so-crafty. For instructions, see here.
4. Advent Calendar. Step away from those commercial chocolate calendars and buy the Kalendarhaus from Clever Gretel this December. You’ll receive ready baked gingerbread pieces to build your house and ice it. Then each day, there’s a surprise treat to add to the house. £75, from Clever Gretel
5. Wrapper Paper. We love this hand printed Enchanted Wood wrapping paper. £10 for five sheets, from Paper & Cloth Design Studio
And we always finish it off with a wax stamp and seal. Snowflake Brass Wax Seal, £9.99 from City Company Seal
6. Window Lights. Maybe it’s our Swedish heritage, but we just can’t resist putting up a welcoming paper star light in our windows in December. Try a classic white one, £10 from Ikea
Or you could try this Zoé Rumeau snowflake, £117.45 from Smallable